Accommodations, Activities / Experiences, Itineraries, Trip Planning, Culinary, Services, Products, Other
Woman-owned, Locally-owned, Social Enterprise
At Dolkhar, inspired by Ladakh’s people, culture, and traditional values, we have built a boutique hotel that integrates a little piece of Ladakh with the rest of the world while keeping central our values of conscious, sustainable, and contextual travel.
We create spaces that balance the familiarity of comfort with the excitement of embarking on a new journey of discovery.
The ratings on Painted Circle are sourced exclusively from traveler input.
Have you visited this business? Please share your rating!
Inclusion & Belonging
Community & Local Impact
Memorability & Personal Impact
Should you consider Painted Circle RADIUS?
Painted Circle is partnering with this and other purpose-driven business to bring you elevated experiences and value through our RADIUS program.
Find out what offers and discounts you could get at this business and others around the world by participating with to RADIUS.
Great news - you have access to special offers at
10% off on Experiences
Get 10% off on experiences hosted by Dolkhar.
Need help booking or using this offer? Contact us directly:
is part of the movement
We join Painted Circle in the effort to make travel more inclusive and welcoming for all. We are committed to creating welcoming experiences for all guests, and seek all opportunities to exercise respect and civility. Together with Painted Circle we are taking a stand that travel must be for everyone.
We're sharing information about our environmental strategy and impact. Here's the status of our environmental plan:
Full environmental impact plan in use
We, at Dolkhar, understand that a building is more than just a structure- it is, in fact, a physical manifestation of our ideas and desires beyond the confines of pure function. We have spent innumerable hours dedicated to consciously creating our seven villas so that they represent Ladakh while holding very closely our ideals of community and sustainability. Structures at Dolkhar are made out of locally sourced materials using local techniques of construction and by local artisans. For instance, we have used the compressed Stabilised Earth Blocks [CSEB] for the building, local willow and poplar wood for the roofs, traditional columns and beams for structural support and we have collaborated with over forty Ladakhi craftspeople from different villages on embellishing the interiors with the use of local materials.
Social Impact Strategy
We have a strategy in place for having a positive impact on our community.
1) Our laundry bags and notepads have been made from waste by our differently abled friends at "PAGIR" (Peoples Action Group for Inclusion and Rights).
2) Our cushion covers and throws have been made by "Superb Ladakh".
3) As an extension of our love for local and handmade, our rooms are stylistically elevated by the sheep and yak wool rugs hand woven by women from Kharnak, Changtang.
4) Our soaps are locally made from apple/seabukthorn/apricot by "Ladags Organic Store".
5) The bathroom amenities have been custom made for Dolkhar by "Bare Necessities"- a zero waste, non polluting, community driven product and service company.
6) Our toilet paper and napkins- recycled and eco friendly come from GoodKarma.
7) The coffee in our rooms has been customised by "Billi Hu" and is a perfect blend of "Robusta Beans" and two kinds of differently processed Arabica beans. The combination gives the coffee a full robust body and the most lovely acidity.
Explore and experience more with Painted Circle
Access special offers
Enjoy special member offers to enhance your experience.
Support inclusive businesses
Spend your money with business which have signed on to our Inclusivity Commitment.
Be the difference
Join a movement to make experiencing our world more just, equitable, and meaningful.